Unfortunatly the Board of Directors has chosen to cancel this event for a variety of reasons. Those who are registered will be refunded. Please reach out if you haven't recieved your refund within two weeks.
Thank you for your understanding.
March 17-18, 2023
Healthy Living Centre (Brandon University)
*same link for draws, times, results*
SOUTH JUNIOR CHALLENGE EVENTS & CATEGORIES
Boys' Singles — U19/U17/U15/U13
Girls' Singles — U19/U17/U15/U13
Boys' Doubles — U19/U17/U15/U13
Girls' Doubles — U19/U17/U15/U13
Mixed Doubles — U19/U17/U15/U13
U19 (born 2005 or 2006)
U17 (born 2007 or 2008)
U15 (born 2009 or 2010)
U13 (born 2011 or later)
SOUTH PARA-BADMINTON CHALLENGE EVENTS
*all-ages and any gender*
WH1 — Singles & Doubles
WH2 — Singles & Doubles
SL3 — Singles & Doubles
SL4 — Singles & Doubles
SU — Singles & Doubles
SS — Singles & Doubles
go to https://www.badminton.ca/page/31481/Classification for more info on para-badminton classification
Round Robin + Playoff
(Guaranteed 3 matches/event in all divisions)
Events will be run according to the MBA's new Competitive Circuit Restructuring document.
If numbers allow, entries (per category/event) will be sorted into two divisions as per the following quotas:
32-63 total entries: Division 1 (top 16 entries) + Division 2 (remaining 16-47 entries)
*The first 75% of Division 1 entries will be determined by provincial ranking points at the end of the week (Sunday) prior to the close of registration. The remaining 25% will be determined by the tournament's seeding committee.
COST (TO BE CONFIRMED)
1 Event: pending
2 Events: pending
3 Events: pending
entry fees payable on-line at the registration
Participants must have an active current 2022-2023 Base Individual Membership.
FOR MEMBERSHIP INFO AND LINKS, HEAD TO OUR MEMBERSHIP PAGE
Manual-entry registrations are subject to a $10 administration fee.
Late registrations (if accepted) are subject to both a $10 late fee & $10 manual-entry fee, and individuals may not be included in seeding.
The competition will be conducted under the official rules of Badminton Canada.
Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 @ 11:59 pm
early-bird deadline: Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 @ 11:59pm
*early-bird entries are entered into a prize draw for a racquet!*
Having trouble registering? Contact us at [email protected]
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Singles)
Saturday: 8:00am - 8:00pm Singles (remaining main round if needed, playoffs) followed by Doubles, Mixed Doubles
*All para-badminton events will take place on Saturday*
All events will be played through to completion before the next event starts.
TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE/ESTIMATED AND WILL BE UPDATED ONCE REGISTRATION CLOSES. PLEASE ALLOW FLEXIBILITY.
All athlete-participants, coaches, and officials may participate in or attend this event.
Any individuals displaying symptoms or having been exposed to COVID symptoms prior to or during the event will be expected to withdraw (please note the new MBA COVID-19 Program Refund Policy). The tournament referee or tournament host reserves the right to remove a participant from the draw and ask them to leave if they if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. The tournament referee or host reserves the right to ask an individual to leave if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
MBA or the tournament host reserve the right to limit spectator capacity.
The tournament referee or tournament host reserves the right to remove athletes or individuals for non-compliance. Failure to comply with tournament protocols could affect a member's standing.
Yonex Mavis 350 nylon shuttles
referee & umpires
Draws will be posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
The Manitoba Badminton Association (MBA) does not permit refunds of MBA Memberships.
The MBA does not permit refunds of tournament registration fees unless requests are accompanied by a medical note or immediate family crisis.
Players must make themselves available for the entirety of the event, and personal situations will not be taken into consideration for timing purposes.
Due to the speed of play being unpredictable, participants are asked to be ready well ahead of their posted schedule. It is ultimately the player's responsibility to be present for the start of their match.
The tournament will enforce a strict 10-minute disqualification rule and 2-minute warm-up rule.
Clothing & Equipment
Participants must have an indoor change of clothing and non-marking athletic shoes
Participants must bring their own racquets
If you are able to volunteer at the draw desk, please contact the tournament organizer at [email protected]
For field-of-play access coaches must hold a valid (confirmed or pending) 2022-2023 MBA Coaching License.
Coaching Licenses can be purchased here.