About Manitoba Badminton Association
Manitoba Badminton Association (MBA) is the Non-Profit Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) under Sport Manitoba that promotes, services and provides structure to Badminton in the Province of Manitoba.
The MBA is now located in the new Sport 4 Life Center (S4LC), also known as Sport Manitoba, at 323-145 Pacific Ave. The S4LC is a completely renovated 5-story building that houses 62 PSO's with Sport Manitoba. After an $84,000 project it currently comes with many amenities including:
- A Resource Center on the 2nd floor with books, instruction manuals, casual reading, computers and an LCD monitor - perfect for doing research into badminton and/or hosting small conferences that require projections.
- A Sport Medicine and Science Clinic on the 2nd floor, which will administor services such as athletic therapy, physiotherapy, massage therapy, biomechanical analysis, psychology and nutrition.
- A theatre room and several other conference rooms.
- Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.
Phase 2 is a 29,000 sq ft field house featuring:
- Wellness circuit (track) for running and walking, including sport training
- A multi-purpose space, which can be configured for numerous activities and sports at any time.
- Climbing wall
- Strength and conditioning equipment
- Aerobic training centre
- Multi-purpose area, which can be used as court spaces and for fitness training and workshops.
The MBA serves the badminton community specifically by providing low-cost entry level programs for young athletes, local/provincial/national/international tournament hosting, summer camps, athlete/coach/officials development, nccp monitoring, Manitoba Winter Games program, Canada Winter Games program and Western Canada Summer Games program.
For contact information, please visit our contact page.
To Download MBA By-Laws, please click here.